Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The First Sunday of Advent

The first Sunday of Advent is this Sunday.  It is then that we begin our journey towards Bethlehem, to see our Infant King. 

I sit in the darkness watching the lights hidden by the curtains.  I weep for those who have gone before us on their roads to Bethlehem.  I miss them this time of year, very much, but then I rejoice with memories,
singling out times of joy and laughter.  Then I weep in gratefulness for having had them in my life for good or ill.  No matter what, they helped to make me the person I am today.  For that I am most grateful.

I think of our Infant King who was born in a stable, cold and poor, but into the arms of a family who loved Him.  I hold those moments close to my heart and wonder how they felt, not knowing, but knowing the promise of the Messiah.  I think of how the world welcomed Heaven's Light on Christmas Morning when Love was born.

Again, I cry, as I begin my journey to Bethlehem.  I hear the silence in this darkened room as I watch the lights of Christmas.   I don't know, but I know. 

1 comment:

susanc said...

Beautiful post. Thank you!