Friday, July 25, 2008

Spike's Tumor Is Benign!


I would have known this sooner if I had checked my voice mail yesterday, but I didn't check it. I didn't even notice the words "New Voice Mail" on my phone. This morning, when I was in the shower, I thought I heard the phone ring. As soon as I got out, I checked the phone and there was the message from the vet. He had called yesterday. He said that Spike's tumor was clearly benign! That was great news! He called it a something something type of tumor that dogs sometimes get. He also told me that this was the first one that he had seen. He said that he didn't think it would grow back in Spike's lifetime. Spike is now 11, that's 77 in human years. He's getting to be an old dog. I sure hope not. Spike doesn't know the difference. He's already forgotten his experience at the vet. He's happy. He's sleeping right now. I'm glad!

4 comments:

Maggie said...

So happy for you and Spike. A clean bill of health can sure make one's day.

Deb said...

That is fabulous news Mallory - I am so very pleased for both of you, & especially pleased to hear it!

angelinabeadalina said...

Hooray, Spike! Glad for the good news!

Rita'z R-tistic Ramblez said...

Mallory, I am so relieved for both of you. Now he can worship his tree in peace, and you can enjoy watching him. :heart: Rita