Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I love these pillows!


No, I'm not talking about a pillow for your bed or a decorative pillow for your couch, I'm talking about some beads I made. Since this blog is about the love of beads, I have to show you some new ones that I really do love. For me, melting glass is only a small part of the bead making process. The rest of it is shaping the beads, decorating the beads, and just relaxing and enjoying what I am doing. Some beads are very stressful for me to make. When I try out a new technique or a new press, I find myself rather agitated if the bead does not turn out as I expected. The sense of play and fun just disappears. When I bought this new press, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know if I would enjoy using the press or if it would be a "learning experience for me." In this case, it was just plain fun! I am really enjoying this Cattwalk Ribbed Pillow press. For me, it's been one of the easiest presses that I have ever used. I love it! No stress, just make a big, fat barrel bead and press. Wow! How easy is that? So one day, when I was craving chocolate, I pulled out a rod of dark brown glass and started to melt it. Next I added some silver glass for decoration. I don't know which one because I didn't mark it. I made a big, fat barrel bead. I put that bead in the press, and look what happened. I made a rippled pillow. I absolutely love this set! It has all the elements I love! The beads have texture and a great shape. They are also calorie free images, at least in my mind, of chocolate and cinnamon. Now, who wouldn't like that?

2 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

I really like the grooves in these. The chocolate and cinnamon flowing the way they do, then captured in the groove pattern pillows makes for a nice dichotomy.

Deb said...

Ok, Ang has used a BIG word. I'm just going to say they are extremely yummy feel good beads! They look warm & inviting - just begging to be used in some stunning creation.