Monday, August 10, 2009

My Creative Journal has become my Art Journal


After reading Linda Lawrence's recent blog post about crayon therapy, and an intense discussion about creative development with Deb Batten, I have decided to incorporate parts of each discussion into my creative development. Linda talked about crayon therapy. I'm honestly not sure what that is, but today, I went to Walgreen's and bought some school supplies!









Oh, did these smell good! I bought the box of 64, and the colors in my box are amazing and very close to the colors of glass I now own. Hmmmm. Could this be coincidence?






















I also bought some colored markers and colored pencils! Cool! This is my favorite time of year. I love school supplies!





















I had a notebook at home, so I decided to use that one! Fun!

I already used my journal today, and I used my crayons. I decided to explore shape and decoration of those shapes.





















As with glass, the colors took over, and the shapes became designs. This is page 1.























This is page 2, and I already feel better!

Thanks, Deb! Thanks, Linda. New directions for me! More updates on my art journal to follow. I need a rainy day!

5 comments:

one-eared pig said...

I love it! And I have a thing for colored sharpies. :)

angelinabeadalina said...

Oooooooh, goodies! I love school supplies, too! Looks like you had a lot of fun doodling designs-- I really like the spiral, and the dots with lines remind me of something, too.

Manuela said...

... it reminds me of John Mayer:
“Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64-color box, though I've got a few missing. It's ok though, because I've got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though in that I can only meet the 8-color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation.. so when I meet someone who's an 8-color type.. I'm like, "hey girl, magenta!" and she's like, "oh, you mean purple!" and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, "no - I want magenta!"

Wow, I love crayons too, I love color a lot and I think that´s a very good start ... your sketches are very good, keep doing it ... I see a lot of very good beads :-).
xoxoox

Deb said...

Hey Ms M - now what a fun thing to be doing.

I always used to buy the kids Crayola crayons & it used to (& still does) annoy me that I had to stop at the smaller packets because of the price here.

There is nothing like a full box of crayons to inspire you to play & experiment (get a sheet of black paper to pop into your journal & have fun with the brights on that!)

Cindy said...

Ooh..I love crayons too. I always have them stuffed in my purse because of the kids. They come in handy when I can't find a pen! Doodle therapy sounds wonderful.
-Cindy
www.sweetbeadstudio.com