Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Quick and Easy Earring Tutorial


This tutorial is so easy, I'm almost embarrassed to post it, but, I do need a blog for today, so here goes nothing. I hope you enjoy this post!








Here's the finished project, and I plan to wear these today.
------------------------------------------>














Step 1: Here's what you need.

Two hoops -- I made my own, but you don't need to do that. Any hoops will work.

Two jump rings that will fit around the hoops-- I made my own so that they would fit.

Two ear wires--I made these, too, because I wanted this shape and size. I also used sterling silver. What you use is up to you on this. I can wear any type of wire in my ears. Not everyone can!

Tools: chain nose pliers, round nose pliers








Step 2: Open up your jump ring using your fingers or your chain nose pliers.












Step 3: Place the jump ring around the hoop and close the jump ring using either your fingers or your chain nose pliers.

(In case you are wondering what that glitter is on the inside of this hoop, it's nail polish that I put there for fun.)













Step 4: Repeat with the other hoop and jump ring.



Step 5: Open the little loop on the ear wire with your round nose pliers. Put the jump ring in there. Close the loop. Repeat with the other loop.

Ta-da! You have a new pair of earrings.

See, I told you this was easy! Enjoy!

No comments: