Thursday, February 5, 2009

No, this is not the challenge yet, but, the winner is....

I was really torn about which photo to use. The ones that were suggested in the comments were the ones I was thinking about, too. Tomorrow, I am making a bead that looks like the mailbox with the red flag. Well, maybe not the mailbox, but a bead in black with white and a huge blog of red. I am also going to make a turtle! I wish I had some glow powder. That would be fun because the turtle is a solar powered light.

Here's the photo I used, and here's the bead. The bead was very hard to shoot, so the pictures aren't very good. It's so much prettier in person. I honestly wish you could see it. It does remind me of the picture. I have to post this in the group yet, so you get to be the first to see it!
This is a shot of the city at dawn. It was about 6:30 AM. It is so pretty at that time. Yes, I am an early bird!
Doesn't this remind you of dawn? I'm going to show a brighter photo, too, just to show some of the details, but, I feel that this photo shows the bead best.

4 comments:

Louise said...

that's a great idea Mallory - you are leagues ahead of me on this assignment, I have to take some pictures yet :|

angelinabeadalina said...

Hey, Mallory, that's a great interpretation of the picture. I really like the dots of colors in the dawn sky, and the white stringer fence really makes a nice frame for the scene.

Unknown said...

Hi ...

found you through my friend ang..
funny thing the pic you picked was the one I liked too... just didn't post a comment... would love to send some of our uranium it it pretty close to glowing....your work is awesome ...

gaffer girls

Anonymous said...

Hi Mallory, I love this. I think you did a great job ! Carol Jean