Saturday, February 7, 2009

Reconnecting with Old Friends

When I met Carol we were both avid quilters. We met because of an exchange of quilt squares that was published in a quilting magazine. We became pen pals. We actually wrote or typed letters to each other.
We continued to exchange quilt squares through the years. We traded birthday boxes. A short while ago, I received a box full of memories from Carol. I can't believe that she actually saved all those things! As I went through the box, I started to cry because of all the wonderful memories that she had preserved for me!
I finally got to meet Carol! It happened when she had an appointment at Mayo Clinic. My husband and I drove down there, and we met face to face! That was the good part.
The sad part was that Carol had some heart issues.
Carol had surgery on her heart. We kept in touch. It took her 10 years to recover, but from I hear now, she is doing so much better!
Carol is still an avid quilter. She even has a blog now about quilting.
If you are in the mood for the love of quilting, take a short trip to Carol's blog.
You will be able to share in her love for quilting.
It's a great blog.
She's on my blog roll, so take a look, and you will not regret the trip.

2 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

You and Carol Jean must've had a blast catching up! I went to her blog and drooled over the quilts. I especially liked the story about the Sun Bonnet Sue quilt piece. All I can say is you both (and other quilters, too) amaze me with your patience when it comes to stitching up beautiful creations!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mallory, Hello! Thank you for posting this for me. I saw it when you did, but had some reason I couldn't comment then and meant to come back later...you know how that is! I'm overwhelmed right now. Winter depression too. Family problems. Not feeing well. I haven't been blogging much lately. Just trying to hang on. I want to thank you for being a friend to me. I have your blog listed on my Quilting Blog, and hope we can visit once in a while. I love the photos of Spike sleeping. He's so cute. Hug him for me. Have a happy St. Patrick's Day! Hugs, Carol Jean