Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ode From a Human to Her Dog Who Thinks He's a Puppy!

From Her:
It must be nice to be a dog
and sleep the evening away.
That is until 2:30 or 3 AM
When you decide you need to---
Whatever!
But, I know you really want a
T-R-E-A-T
or an ear rub
or a walk
or a toy you can reach
or a massage
or some loving,
Did I already say a T-R-E-A-T or an ear rub?
But at that hour, we'd rather be sleeping,
So,
No more
Barking,
Whining,
Moaning,
Groaning,
or Begging,
Or I will get the Fly Swatter!
So just let me sleep!

From the D-O-G!

Why are my humans so darned upset?
I don't get it, I really don't.
They give me food.
They give me water,
and I need those things,
but right now what I really need is:
A treat,
An Ear rub,
A Belly rub,
A Blanket,
A Toy that I can reach
but it smells just like my human when she tosses it.
More food,
More water,
More loving,
A massage.
A Walk,
Did I say ear rub?
I want that squirrel in the back.
Oh, look, I see a cat.
If she'd just give me
What I want,
When I want it,
How, I want it,
Well, Life could be so simple.
So I try to tell her,
I just love her,
but what do I hear?
Fly Swatter!
I don't know what that is,
but it can't be good,
So I go to bed and sleep
until she wakes me up with that smile that says,
"I'm getting even with you!"
But, I do have to go potty,
And I see a squirrel in the yard,
I'll get my food when I come in,
I'll get my treat, too.
I get everything I want,
I just don't get the problem!

4 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

See, Mom, it's all very simple! Let the puppy chew on toys and imagine chasing squirrels at 3am, and there won't be any more problems :) Hope you and Spike both got some rest eventually!

Sue Choppers-Wife said...

Boots wanted me to write and say he totally gets Spike's point of view...and it came with a lecture on how we humans need to practice our patience. And also...don't we know that T-R-E-A-T is pronounced 'treat'????

:D

rosebud101 said...

Sue, it sounds like both our pets think alike. They should be cats.

Maggie said...

If only life were simple.

My niece was just talking about Spike today. She loves seeing his pictures so I will have to share today's trials with her.