Friday, October 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me! I am Amazed!


In a perfect world, I would tell you exactly how old I am, but since this isn't a perfect world, I will only say that I am 21! My children are 32 and 3o, but I have decided that this mathematical problem is theirs and not mine.

What amazes me is that I have passed the decade in which most of the women in my family, one generation back, had died.

Modern medicine is wonderful! I am very grateful for the medications that I take. I know that people complain about drug companies, but I am very grateful for them, in spite of all the problems associated with them.

I am very grateful for my life as it is today. No, it's not been perfect. There have been and will be many storms to pass through. Sometimes, comfort is lacking, but all of this has made me the person I am today.

I am happy with the person I am today. I am proud of me! I've survived a lot, but with the help of friends and family, I made it.

I am grateful for my children, our families, our friends who continue to be with us today. There are those who have passed through our lives and are no longer a part of it, but I am grateful for having known them and the joy they have brought. I miss those who have died, but I live in the knowledge that someday I will see them again.

I am grateful for my pets. I still miss Spike terribly, but I have a new love now, and she's Miss Pixie Marie. She's filled a very empty spot in my heart with so much joy! How can anyone be sad?

I am grateful for the gift of melting glass. It helps to fill certain voids in my life. It brings me great joy!

I am grateful for all the blessings that God has given me. There are so many, it would be foolish to begin to name them all. All I can say is, "Thank You, Dear Lord. Thank You."

Anyway, for the rest of the day, I am relaxing with my children. I am so grateful that they are taking the time to come home to see me.

All in all, I am Amazed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happiest of Birthdays, Mallory! I hope you have a wonderful day with your children and carry the celebration through the weekend!!!