Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Journey Has Just Begun


Now, to explain the last two posts. The scriptural reference of "Ask and you shall receive," came because of my prayer to "Please, Lord, send me a wonderful dog." Little did I know how quickly that prayer would be answered.

Wrong turn: I knew of two greyhound rescues in Minnesota. I even talked to one of the facilitators in one. She suggested that I go online and download their application and mail the application into them. I asked if it could be filled out online and submitted that way. She told me she wasn't sure.

So, not remembering which organization it was, I Googled "MN Greyhound Rescue." I found the first greyhound rescue, and, amazing! It has an online application. I filled it out, and I hit the submit button. I was thrilled to have been able to fill it out online. Then I realized, I had taken the wrong turn. It was not the organization that I had wanted to work with. It was the wrong Greyhound rescue!

Two days later, I received a call from Kelly. She suggested that I take a look at Pixie. I fell in love immediately! I have never owned a female dog, nor have I owned one that is so small! Today, Pixie and I got to meet for the first time. Isn't she beautiful?

She's tired. We just got home from our first walk, and she's wiped out. I think it was too hot. We'll try again later. Now, we are getting to know each other. She's never been in a home without other animals. I sure hope she's happy!

Like I said, the journey has just begun!

8 comments:

Pam @ The Blue Between said...

Mallory, I'm so happy for you and Pixie! Our old neighbors had greyhounds they rescued and they were so loving and kind - though different from any dog I'd ever known. They seem to need a special kind of person and I'm sure that you are just the right kind! Enjoy your new pal :)

Paula said...

You and Pixie Marie will bond and have a wonderful journey together. She is one lucky girl!!!

Unknown said...

Yay for new beginnings :) Pixie is a gorgeous girl!!!

Patty said...

Congratulations on your new family member, Mallory! I know that Pixie will be totally spoiled before long. You say she's small...is she a miniature greyhound? She looks pretty big in the photo.

I'm so happy for you! I know the motherly joy you must be feeling right now.

Louise said...

Mallory what happy news! I bet Pixie wonders what is happening but she'll soon realise she's one lucky girl! Congratulations to you both :D

rosebud101 said...

Patty, Pixie is small compared to any other dog I have owned. She's not a miniature greyhound, she's just a lovely, little girl!

Thank you all for your comments on Pixie. I read them to her, but she didn't catch on! She just knows this in her heart!

Genie Sea said...

Pixie is absolutely gorgeous! Love her name. May you have many happy and fulfilling years together! :)

Manuela said...

OMG, she is sooo very pretty, so elegant, I wish I could take a walk with you, such a wonderful dog.
Wish you a great new beginning,

xxoox
Manuela