Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mad Lib - Home Made version


When my kids were small, one of the favorite activities in our home was to work those madlibs and have fun! Of course, when Mom wasn't there to supervise, a few naughty words were put into the mix. But, when we played Madlibs together, the naughty words weren't there, and we had so much fun!

Madlibs have an official web site. You can find the classics of the Madlib world there. Heck, you can even find a widget if you want it! As you check out the site, you'll find the history of Madlibs. Be prepared to laugh a bit. You will also find so many great Madlib books! I'm tempted to send for them all! I have to restrain, though, I truly need to order more glass. lol

Anyway, I remember how much fun we had, so I thought I'd make up a short Madlib, and see what you can do with this. Are you ready?

Once upon a (noun), in the land of (adjective) (noun), there lived a handsome prince. This (adjective) prince loved to (verb) in the garden where he would also (verb). One (adjective) day, as he was (adverb), he saw a beautiful (noun) (verb) towards him. He stopped (adverb) and said to the (adjective) princess, "Will you (verb) with me?" The (adjective) princess said,
"Of course, but I (verb) into a big, fat, (noun), if I don't.

You can also post your own madlibs. Now, how fun is that? Please, no naughty words here. Those rules still apply. lol

2 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I had completely forgotten about madlibs!!! I will have to introduce them to my niece!

angelinabeadalina said...

I didn't know about Madlibs, but James recognized it as soon as I clicked on the home site! They sure look like fun, especially for kids who are hitting that stage where they like to write stories and "get" wordplay humor. I like your MadLib-- gonna go try it myself now :)