Monday, September 28, 2009

Joshua Raiden Concert--Thanks, Nick!



My son, Nick has been teasing me for awhile about giving me an "early" birthday present. Both he and Jenny got into the act. Jenny told me she had a big box from Nick that was my present. They both knew I'd be trying to find it, and neither one would tell me what it was. Finally, Nick called to tell me what my early birthday present was. My gift was tickets for a Joshua Raiden concert in Minneapolis at the Prestages Theatre! I was thrilled beyond words! He's one of my favorite performers, and I had never seen him in concert! Jenny and I were there last Friday night! What a fabulous concert!

The first opening act was Amber Rubarth! She's a fabulous artist who used to be a chain saw sculptor in Reno, Nevada before she started to sing professionally. She was cute! Jenny and I had a wonderful conversation with her during a break. She has a fabulous sense of humor that is refelcted in her music! Amber also sang harmony with Josh Raiden during one of his songs.

The middle act, and I am sorry to say that I don't remember the gentleman's name, but he was also an excellent musician and did get the crowd ready for Joshua. All of my photos of him are blurry, so I don't have any to show.












After the 2nd break, Joshua Raiden began his performance.




















Joshua sang a mixture of old and new music. It was a great performance! After the concert, Joshua held a meet and greet.
Jenny and I were able to talk to him for a few moments. He invited the entire audiance to join he and the band at a local pub for beers after he finished the meet and greet.





















Jenny and I weren't able to take him up on his invitation, but we had a wonderful conversation with him. Jenny even had her photo taken with him!





















Thanks, Nick, this concert was a treat for both of us!! And I thought I was getting the Fruit of the Month club! This was so much better! Thank you!

No comments: