Wednesday, November 12, 2008

May I Introduce, Hirum, the Hawk with Pink Eyes


I decided a long time ago that I would like to make a hawk out of glass. It's taken me a long time to get to the point of deciding that I could make a hawk. So, I did. I used twisties and a color of glass I cannot identify because it was unmarked and I couldn't find another rod that looked the same. I think this is a throw back to my newbie days when I didn't mark my colors. (Oh dear, I just realized that I still don't.) No wonder I can't find my raku. I guess I better get to work and label that. Anyway, back to Hirum. Hirum is mine. Why? If you haven't noticed, he has pink eyes. Why? I didn't mark my glass. Some transparent glasses are hard to see when I wear my dydium glasses. I thought I had grabbed a rod of transparent clear. Nope! It was transparent pink. That's why Hirum has pink eyes. He's not ill. He's just weird. He's the hawk with pink eyes. How many hawks have you seen with pink eyes? Not many I would imagine. I love Hirum, but I wish he had clear eyes. Can he see the world in a better way? I hope so! Here's his back side. I think he's just cute!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Maybe he just likes to look at the world through rose colored glasses?! :) I think he is amazing regardles of what color his eyes are! :)

Deb said...

Hirum is very cute - maybe te real story is that you actually picked up clear & he hit the Whiskey after escaping from the kiln! ? ;o)

Maggie said...

I like Hirum just the way he is.

angelinabeadalina said...

LOL, I was thinking along the same lines as Kim, then just about spit my Diet Coke onto the monitor when I read Deb's explanation! Hirum is a cutie-patootie, and I love his feathers!