Friday, November 14, 2008

The Day of the Fuglies


Remember the bad I talked about yesterday? Well, when it comes to fuglies, you can see why I quit torching much earlier than I normally do. Nightmare upon nightmare! Dastardly beads!







Fuglie #1------------------------------------------->

I was working towards a reaction using silver blue
stringer made from frit. I don't think I got the reaction I was hoping for with this bead. Yuck. The photo actually makes it look good! Oh, btw, the dark line at the bottom of the picture is one of Spike's pieces of fur.















Fuglie #2-------------------------------------->

I decided to try making a mask. The theme would be when I am old, I shall wear purple and red. Do you see the attempt at glasses? Her nose looks broken. Her cheeks look like zits. Here hair looks like a volcano ready to explode. Oh, my! No mask there. She almost reminds me of the Grinch that stole Christmas!
















Fuglie #3---------------------------------->

Again, I was trying to make a reactive bead. This one is just super ugly. Yuck!
















Fuglie #4------------------------------------->

Again, with this bhb, I was trying for a reaction. oooops. Looks like that one didn't work either.
















Fuglie #5----------------------------------->

Of all my fuglies, I like this one the best. I wanted to make a woman dancing for joy. Have you seen that TV commercial, and I'm not sure which organization it's advertising, but it's a non profit that feeds and clothes children. There is a young girl dancing. I wanted to convey a sense of joy and motion. Instead, I didn't quit when I was ahead. You really do have to know when you should give up. I have a lumpy figure who might be dancing. I don't know.

All I can say is, tomorrow is another day!

2 comments:

Glass By Girlfriday said...

Mallory.. I gotta say all your fuglies conveyed a sense of joy! I LOVE them! Hey the one with the glasses reminds me of Dame Edna Everidge... not sure if you get her over there... I look like a goose if you don't!

angelinabeadalina said...

Mallory, I love the woman dancing with joy, too!