Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Two Powerful Words in Any Language


In November, we will be hearing these words a lot. I feel that they are two of the most powerful words in any language. They rank up there with "I love you" and "I'm sorry." Of course, you know what I mean. The words are "Thank you."

Since I make lampwork or flamework beads, I read the posts on two particular forums. The posts range from how to make your basic bead to things that happen in our everyday lives to what are HOT topics right now, "Copying" and "Contacting an artist about their work and how they made it."

The second topic of contacting an artist made me realize how much it means to say thank you to someone who has done something nice for you, whether it be answer your question or not answering your question, but taking the time to read your email. One frequest phrase that was used by artists who are contacted a lot with questions was, "When I sent them a reply, I never heard back from them. No one thanked me."

What does thank you do to the person thanked and for the person who thanks? Think about how you feel when someone genuinely thanks you for a kindness. I know that I feel good. Maybe it's the warm fuzzy kind of feeling or just a general feeling of "Wow! That was nice." I know a thank you, on any day, makes me feel good.

If you are the person doing the thanking, I feel it gives you a sense of how good things really are. In our world where things can become very frightening very quickly, saying thank you can remind a person, that there are still good things and good people in the world. There is hope for everyone when a kindness is acknowledged, and that hope is passed on to someone else with the words, "Thank you."

So, to all of my beading friends,
Thank you for being my friends, for standing there with me, for persevering and giving me hope when the economy is down. Thank you, I can't even express how much you all mean to me.
To all those who read my blog, even occassionally,
Thank you. I honestly do appreciate you taking the time to come here and read what I say, whether we agree or not.
To all those who so willingly share their knowledge of flameworked beads,
Thank you. Without your help, I would never have learned what I have learned.
To all those fabulous artists who show their work to the world,
Thank you. Our world needs the hope of your art. Please continue to inspire and lead us.
To all those who make us laugh,
Thank you, we need your sense of humor as the world turns. (Please pardon the pun.)
To all those whom I never thanked when I should have thanked you,
Thank you for your kindness and patience. I really do appreciate your help and many kindnesses.

A kindness is never wasted nor forgotten. Thank you.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Thank you Mallory for your friendship, support, and fairy dust when it is needed most.

angelinabeadalina said...

Thank you, Mallory! You are always a bright spot in my day :)

Rita'z R-tistic Ramblez said...

Mallory, Thank you for telling it like it is. Even when we don't want to hear it, and for being such an interesting writer. I always enjoy your writings, I love your beads, and I love the little glimpses of Spike!! Thanks!! :D