Saturday, November 8, 2008

Freaky Friday on a USA Saturday and a NZ Sunday



Wow! That was a long title. It's time again to reveal our challenge results. As you know, Deb Batten of FireBirdFlameWork on Etsy and her website and I have been challenging each other to make something out of our comfort zone or something that is unique. This week was my turn to choose the challenge. I chose a painting that is in my bedroom as a point of inspiration. Sorry about the poor picture quality, but it was hard to photograph. I have to admit that this challenge was very hard for me. Being a person with a random nature, I thought it might be easier, but, it wasn't. So, without further ado, I will show you my beads.








Of the beads I made, this one is my favorite.
I tried to capture the colors of the painting, but I wasn't very successful. I also wanted to capture the joy I felt in the painting. I hope so. I'm not sure.




















This is the other side of the same bead. Isn't it amazing how different they look!

















Now, I know you are going to laugh at this one. I certainly did. I was trying to capture the figure in the painting. Instead, I think I sculpted a dead roach or a turkey just out of the oven! Oh, well!
Back to the drawing board on that one!














Next week is Deb's challenge! I'm anxious to see what she has chosen. I loved her creative idea of the totem. Her's was fantastic! So, come on, Deb! What are we doing next week? If anyone wants to join us, please feel free to do so. Now, I'm off. I have to go and pick up my laptop! Yippeeeeeeeee! It's finally fixed.

2 comments:

Karolen said...

Congratulations on the challenge, your inspired bead is beautiful! And the 'turkey' is cute too :)

Rita'z R-tistic Ramblez said...

Mallory, Your bead is gorgeous. I'm not sure about the cockroach?!! Hee-hee. Looks very . . . er . . . sculptural. :heart: