Thursday, November 6, 2008

This That and the Other Again!

Wow! What a day! I had to go to the grocery store. If anyone knows me, they know I hate to go to the grocery store, and I only go when I absolutely have to go. Well, today was one of those days. As always, I came home from the grocery store growling and snarling because I hate to go to the store. Anyway, I picked up my mail when I got home, and the growling and snarling turned into cooing and, "Oh, how nice!" What a day brightener. I was RAOGK'd by Kim Bastow of Lucky Bunny Designs on etsy and of Lucky Bunny 2 on etsy.

Kim had a contest on her blog last week, and I was one of the winners! Now, I was only expecting to receive my bead, which I was really looking forward to seeing! And guess what, when I received my package I thought, "She really wrapped this bead up well. It has a lot of packing." Hmmmmm.
Then, when I opened it, I was that, in addition to my winning bead, in my favorite color of pink, the RAOGK was there. (Random Acts of Glass Kindness) Kim had included frit (crushed bits of glass to use in beads), hemostats, scissors, and a magnet, well you just take a look here. Isn't that great? I didn't have a single one of the frits she sent either. Am I going to have fun playing tomorrow or what? Thank you so very much, Kim!



















Then, as I opened up Etsy yesterday evening, I had a convo from Margo of beadlady5 on etsy. By the way, click on the link and check out her store. It's fabulous! There's another reason to check out her store. She has featured one of my beads in one of her designs. I hope she doesn't mind. I stole the pictures of the set from her store. Have a peek. Didn't she do a great job?
I didn't think that focal could look that astounding in a work of wearable art. Wow!














Now, here are the earrings that go with this stunning jewelry.

















That is a gorgeous set! I was stunned into silence when I saw that in Margo's store, and, trust me, being stunned into silence doesn't happen that often with me!

Now, for the question of the day. Why do they call them rose hips?
I know they have medicinal qualities about them, but my question is: Once on the lips, forever on the hips? Hmmmmm! I've never understood the term.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm so glad I was able to make your day better! Have fun playing! :)