Monday, November 3, 2008

Sleeping on the Beach


Have you ever slept on the beach? Truthfully, I haven't. I'd love to do that, but I still haven't. I think I'll add that to the top 100 things I want to do before I die. Okay, I did. Now that's number 3 on my list. #3 = Sleep on the beach. Actually, that's the third thing on my list of the top 100. There are 97 more things to add to my list. I'm not sure what I will put on that list. I honestly have to sit down and think about it. I might do that tomorrow night as election results are pouring in. Would I want to run for President? I don't think so. I would like to paint another picture, though. Okay, that will be #4. Paint another picture. Should I paint this picture of a shell in someone's hand with the light reflecting from the hot beach sand? I'll have to see what the canvas wants me to paint. Canvas is a lot like glass. You have to allow it to entice the paints into the shapes they want to be. When I made this shell, I wasn't planning on making a shell. I wanted to make a heart from that wine bottle I had. Instead, in the end, I didn't have a heart, but I had a beautiful shell. I refuse to say that I had anything to do with what the glass wanted. I tried it my way in the flame, and it didn't work. So, I let the glass do what it wanted to do. I love this shell!

2 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Oooh, it is a very pretty shell in that blue! I agree, ya gotta let the glass flow where it wants to go :)

Deb said...

I've slept on a beach....

Your shell is beautiful Mallory.

I wish I had you faith about letting a canvas do what it wants - I make those suckers do what I want, even if they try to disagree ;o)
Hey - a girl has to have some control over something in her life ;o)