Saturday, April 9, 2011

Art Bead Scene Monthly Chanllenge - April

This month's Art Bead Scene inspiration is
"Finches and Bamboo."
This was quite an interesting challenge for me. 
It resulted in two different pieces of jewelry made for this month.
The necklace I finally settled on I named:
Gypsy.
There were many different components in this piece.
I'm still debating on one of them.
However, this is what I decided to submit for this month's challenge.
Presenting
Gypsy

The mustard color is muted in this piece, and the red jumps out at you.
Actually, when worn, the piece looks very different.
I was surprised when I wore it.


5 comments:

Marian Hertzog said...

The red beads are juicy! It is very pretty... and I know what you mean about wearing it and a photo of it being so different! Good job on the interpretation. This is a fun challenge.

rosebud101 said...

Marian, thank you for your comment! The red beads, some hollows I made, are the exact components I was questioning. Maybe I will leave them in! lol! I do like this necklace worn rather than not worn. It's totally different!

Maggie said...

Mallory, That's a beautiful necklace. I had to keep looking at the different components over and over. Looks like it would be fun to wear.

Kate said...

I love your asymmetrical design and he lampwork is adorable!

roseworksjewelry said...

Gypsy - great piece! Love all the different elements you have in it :)