Tuesday, September 23, 2008

WoooHooo! I'm Marcy's Featured Student


And does this student have a lot to learn! Thank you so much, Marcy, for featuring me, as your online student, in your blog. Obviously, this student has a lot to learn! I appreciate all the tips you gave me. I appreciate being featured as your student. I honestly learned a lot through your instructions to me and by reading your blog today. Marcy, of Studio Marcy, is well known for her ability to make delightful people and creatures come to life through the glass medium. Her sculptural abilities are well known. If you look at her ETSY shop, and take a tour of what she has in it, you will be amazed and impressed by her skills! Read her profile in her shop to learn more about her and some of the things she has done with glass. Thank you, Marcy, for all of your help and instruction. It is most appreciated. Now, here's my last Santa. The mistake, or you can call it an involuntary action of creativity, I made is to grab the wrong glass rod for the nose on Santa. I thought I had pink in my hands, but I had Mango. So, I think I'll call this Santa, Peaches. Maybe that's what Mrs. Claus would calll her special Sweetie. I'm on my way to list Peaches in my ETSY store. Do you think he'll like his name? Take a quick trip around my store. I do have some "interesting" items in it for you to see. My Alien Cactus was inspired by one of Marcy's tutorials, too! Again, Thanks, Marcy!

9 comments:

Maggie said...

I can hear Peaches, "Ho, ho, ho-ing" over his name!

What a sweet Santa and how wonderful that you got to be one of Marcy's students. I was fortunate enough to see her demo at The Gathering this past summer. She is as sweet as she is talented.

Way to go Mallory and Marcy!

angelinabeadalina said...

Peaches, sweetie, you'd better go check on the elves. It's only three months until showtime, and I hear they've discovered Etsy and are shopping instead of building toys :)

Mallory, your and Marcy's second Santas in her blog are my favs, or at least they were until I saw Peaches-- what a sweetie he is!

Kim said...

Oh he is soo cute! I'm not really ready for Christmas yet though...just let me enjoy fall a bit longer! :)

Paula said...

Soon Tis the season Mallory, your Santa is great!!

rosebud101 said...

Thank you! Marcy was a great teacher to me!

Deb said...

Wow - Peaches is wonderful! Marcy is a fabulous teacher.

I see Ang has the elves becomming renegades even at this early stage....well, at least we know they will be providing quality hand made items if they're shopping Etsy :o)

Louise said...

Congratulations Mallory! Your Santa is very cute, I agree - you need elves next! :o)

Debra said...

Santa is TOO CUTE!!

rosebud101 said...

Thanks, everyone. I was amazed at how much I improved with the help of Marcy. She is awesome!