Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Phant Has a Belly Button!


So many wonderful glass artists are sharing their skills in the form of tutorials that can be purchased from them. I have bought several, and I am so glad that I did. My usual way of using a "tut" is to print the "tut" out, then read and read and read, until I can almost recite the steps verbatim. Once in a while, I miss a step. Sometimes, the results are disasterous. Sometimes, they are "creative." Well, thanks to "Loco," an extremely talented artist, who shared her method of making her famous "phants," I was able to make my first "phant." I was very impressed with the results, then I noticed, my "phant" has a belly button. I made the "phant" the wrong way. It's a good "phant," and it's creative. I don't think I've ever seen a "Phant" with a belly button before. Well, take a peek! My "Phant" really does have a belly button. Any suggestions on the name? Maybe, Bella-Phant? You tell me! Oh, I forgot to tell you, if you click on Loco's name, the link will take you to her ETSY store. Check it out.

3 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

That BellyPhant is just crying out for a belly button stud or jewel of some sort! How cute!

marcy said...

Mallory, your belly-phant is wonderful. I love it with the button and hope that you're really proud.

Congrats!
Marcy

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

Entirely cute Mallory! Loving it big time. Loco's beads are great inspiration and it looks like the tutorial had worked it's magic on you...