Monday, September 15, 2008

My name is Mallory, and I'm a note writer


Do you remember writing notes in high school? At that time, the notes were usually written to or about that cute boy who was sitting in the front of the room. You know, he's the one who made you sigh and forget what class you were sitting in. Well, I was one of those note writers in high school. I don't know how many of my notes got read aloud by the teacher to my total and complete mortification. I hung my head in shame at being caught, but I still wrote notes. Today, many years later, well, not THAT many, I still write notes. (If you believe it wasn't that many, I love you!) Now, when I write notes, it's to help me remember things. I have always been a goal oriented person. I kept lists of things to do, places to go, and in what order to do them. I checked off my list, and, at the end of the day, looked with great satisfaction at all the tasks I completed. Now, I still make lists. I make lists of what I want to work on when I torch each day. I make lists of the housework I want to accomplish. I make lists of the ingredients I need when I go to the store. I even made a list when I went to the Bead and Button Show this year! My goal there was not to overspend. I'm still laughing at that one! Now, when I make a list, I need a note to remind me where I put my list. I need a note to remind me to add things to my list. Forgetful? I'm not sure you could call it that. I feel that I am just task oriented, that's right, that sounds good, doesn't it? Now, where did I put my note about this blog? I want to check the blog off of my list, but I can't find my list. I wonder where my note is that will tell me where my list is? Do you think it might be by my computer? I'm not sure.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Mallory - you are just lucky if you can remember where you put your pen with which to write the notes, that remind you to write your lists, that remind you what to do.
I can never remember where I ut mine - so I'm always off to a bad start.

Breathe in....breathe out.....breathe in .....breathe out ;o)