Monday, September 29, 2008

Not Buns of Steel but Arteries of Steel!


Now known as the Man of Steel by his cardiac surgeons, Harvey has 13 stents in his arteries to help keep the blood flowing to his heart. Sue and Harvey have been family friends for years. Our sons were great friends in high school and remain so today as grown men. In last two years, Harvey has been having some serious troubles with his heart. This trouble has his doctors baffled. They just don't know why his arteries keep clogging up. It's not the way Sue and Harv eat. Believe me, it's good food, but it's not the artery blocking kind. I've eaten there. If you try to go for a walk with Harvey, you better bring running shoes and not walking shoes, because it's very hard to keep up with him. He's no couch potato. Yet, those arteries keep clogging up for reasons unknown to the medical profession. One day, Sue, Harv and I sat down trying to figure out ways to help keep Harvey's arteries clean and clear. We were no better than the doctors who have been working with Harvey since his heart troubles began. Granted, we aren't doctors, but we all do watch the TV ads about heart disease. After a discussion, we decided to let the doctors figure this out, if they can. I went home. The next day I realized I needed a plunger. I stopped at my favorite hardware store, Mutch Hardware in North Mankato. I picked up a plunger and drove on my way to finish my errands. As I was driving, I looked at the label on the plunger! Eureka! I went back to Mutch Hardware and bought another one. The next day, I went over to see Sue and Harvey again. I handed Harvey the extra plunger and I said, "The next time you go see your cardiologist, have him use this." The name of the plunger was Harvey's Multi Angle Plunger. I think it found the right home. The next time the doctors see Harvey, they don't have to figure out why he's clogging up, all they have to do is to use that plunger. Remember, it's multi angle. They can go in with the plunger from any angle, and Harvey's arteries will be clear. I tried it. I really think it worked, too!

4 comments:

marcy said...

I hope Harvey's new plunger works perfectly for him!
Marcy

Deb said...

Oh I love plungers - or rather that satisying gurgle as they finally clear the blockage!!

How does Harvey feel about 'gurgles'? ;o)

angelinabeadalina said...

Mallory, here's hoping that the plunger story (or the actual plunger itself) inspires a new thought for the surgeons to try!

Rita'z R-tistic Ramblez said...

Mallory, How creative your mind is. But then, I already knew that!! Hope the doctors get it all figured out.