Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Case of the Missing Treasury


When I got up yesterday, quite early, as is my normal doing, I turned on the computer. As always, I went ETSY to check out my store and the treasury list. For those not familiar with ETSY, a treasury list is a way of promoting other artists. This list also helps to promote your store since there is a link to your store at the top of the list. Now, the list is not just a list of products, the "list" is a photo journey through 12 different stores from which one item has been chosen to be featured in your list. The person who manages the list is the curator. When I logged into ESTY, I went straight to the treasury list. I didn't realize that the list would open up within seconds after I logged in. I opened the treasury list, and there was a box that said, "Create List." I titled my treasury, "Glass Again," because I couldn't think of anything else. I connected, and I began to fill my treasury with items from two of my street teams: LEST = Lampwork Etc. Street Team and CGGE = Creative Glass Guild of ETSY. I selected beads and glass items from 16 stores. (Four of these items were for the alternate list.) I added the I.D. numbers, and the photos of the items, with the links to the items, appeared. Satisfied with my treasury, I checked my store and logged out of ETSY until late in the afternoon. As curator, I check my treasury lists for sold items and I answer comments that have been made about the list. I saw that there were 6 comments listed for my "Glass Again" treasury. I blinked as the list opened. Suddenly I realized what was wrong or right. My multi colored glass items were gone and replaced by pink items with comments about this being first page material! I closed the list thinking I had clicked on the wrong list. I clicked again only to be greeted by this beautiful pink treasury, and my glass was no where to be found. It took a bit, but I finally found the "real" curator of my/our list. I had posted a thread in the "Bugs" section of the ETSY forums. Apparently, the treasury had developed a bug of some kind. The same thing had happened to a lot of other people. Their treasuries were gone to be replaced by some one else's treasury. Thank you comments had been made in the comment section for being included in the treasury, and they weren't. People were starting to laugh. It was kind of funny. Now, I never did find my treasury again. It's probably in cyberspace wondering why there are comments about the beautiful pink items. Don't get me wrong, I love pink, but there wasn't any in my treasury. The glass items I chose were very bright and colorful. Anyway, if you look at the photo, you can see almost all of the treasury that I now curate. It is beautiful. It does look like front page material. I only wish I had put it together.

4 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Very pretty, Mallory-- did you ever find out who has your glass items in their treasury?

rosebud101 said...

No, Ang, I think my treasury was absorbed into the great treasury in cyberspace. Oh, well, I'll try again.

Maggie said...

How does that Twilight Zone music go? Insert here!

marcy said...

Funny story Mallory. I'm glad it's still out there somewhere floating around.

Marcy