Sunday, September 14, 2008

Look What I Found at the Thrift Store!


Yesterday, I made a quick trip to our local thrift store to take some items to donate. I made the donation, then I looked around at the jewelry. Look what I found! Eight dollars later, I came out with all these beads!








I took apart the coral necklace that I only paid $.75 to own. Part of it is already a bracelet. I'll show
that in a later blog. Now, I need more ideas!


















Now, here's a close up of a necklace made with metal beads that seem to be covered with green plastic? I'm not sure, but I really like this necklace.





















Any suggestions on what I can do with these beads?
Of all the beads I found, I think these are my favorite. Normally, I don't like brown, but these beads have texture and the color of brown is so rich, that I love it! It holds a lot of potential.














When I saw these beads in the case, I have decided that I only like a few of them. Now, I'm stumped, I really want to turn this set into something truly fun and funky. I'm going to have to use wire with them. Hmmmmm. The wheels are beginning to turn.


















Last but not least, all those who know me know I love pink. Even as much as I love pink, even this pink is a bit much for me, but there are components that are quite interesting. These beads won't be kept together. The color needs to be toned down a bit.


















So, what do you think? Any and all ideas will be welcome. I'll be cutting up the strings later.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Mallory, What great finds at bargain basement prices. Looking forward to seeing what you end up making.

Deb said...

Fabulous finds Mallory & I really look forward to see what you create woith them :o)