Sunday, September 6, 2015

Memories of Family Recipe Books

We all have them, or we used to have them, until we put them in the garage sale box or took them to the thrift store when they didn't sell.  
(Don't tell, but that's what I did!)
Now, I either cook what's left in my mind, or I go online and find something good to eat!

The other day, my favorite nephew, John messaged me on Facebook to ask what my middle name was.  Of course I told him, but the name to which he was referring was my maiden name.
After we figured that out, we made some progress.
John said, "I've got something to send you.  Check your email." 
So, I did.

What I found in my inbox was a recipe from an old family recipe book.
There are those who love to cook.
I'm not fond of it, but I will do what I have to do to survive. 
I remember the request for this book.
I don't think I was in a particularly good mood at the time.
I'm glad people laughed, though.

My recipe was unlike any other in the book.
I didn't add a sprinkle of laughter, to a pinch of joy.
No, not at all.
I added my favorite recipe ever,
and,
it is an original.

Tell me what you think.


I should have won the prize for the 
BEST
RECIPE
EVER!!!

No comments: