Thursday, September 17, 2015

What I did on My Summer Vacation

Fall officially starts 
next Wednesday,
September 23.
That means we have summer for 6 more days.
My summer flew by!
Between waiting for my daughter's stem cell transplant to start, and taking care of her post transplant,
my life has been
Busy,
Slow,
Busy.

So, here's what I did on my summer vacation.

1) I learned to like brussel sprouts.
When seasoned properly, they are very good, not delicious, but very good.

2) I spent way too much time on Facebook.  At times it was my outlet to the world.  At others, it was just a waste of time.

3) I blogged a lot, once I was able to get my mind in gear again.

4) Even though I knew this, my adult children are the best!  They grew up to be the kind of person I have always wanted to be.  They are so far ahead of me, I am in awe.

5) I learned that some friends forget you.  Some run away.  Some friends you can count on because they don't abandon you no matter what.  Some friends are there only for the drama.  Some friends don't understand what you deal with daily.  Some friends are friends for now.  Some friends you will never forget even in a state of dimentia, and they are few and far between.  

6) I didn't take a vacation this year.  That's okay.  I was where I needed to be, and for that I am so grateful!

7) I downgraded myself from artist to crafter.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

8) I learned that prayer, no matter what, is essential.

9) I learned that what matters is not you, but the other person.  What we can give counts more than what we can take.

10)  I learned that, no matter what, no matter where, family counts, and I am eternally grateful for my family!

That's what I did on my summer vacation.

What did you do on your summer vacation?

No comments: