Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Worth Revisiting Wednesday: I Want This Day to Stay!

I'm sitting outside on this wonderful day in Minnesota. I can't say that all days are wonderful days in Minnesota. There are so many bitter cold days, and this is what I tend to remember. I remember more days full of ice, show, and wind than I care to contain in my brain. 

I remember days of looking across the street and not being able to see my neighbor's house because there was so much snow blowing. 

In the spring and summer, I remember thunderstorms so strong, that they actually become frightening. I remember the sirens going off to let us know that somewhere within five miles of us, a tornado or funnel cloud has been spotted either by
doplar radar, law enforcement, or a trained weather spotter. 

I remember going to my hairdresser's shop, looking outside of her window, and seeing a large wall cloud with rotation. Through all this, though, we have been lucky. We have not been involved in a tornado, knock on wood. Nor has our home been damaged by straight line winds. No, thank God, the worst that could happen with weather, hasn't. Today, as these memories come back, and I find myself clinging to this day, I only know I want today to stay. The humidity is low. The breezes are gentle. The clouds are soft and whispy. I am grateful for today, and I want today to stay!

No comments: