Monday, December 17, 2012

The Hoffman Family Newsletter 2012

Merry Christmas!

Here we are!
In case you're wondering about the TNT photo...
Well, that photo was taken at the Science Museum in Chicago at the 
Myth Busters exhibit when Jenny and I visited Nick this spring.
We had a great time!
Nick was a wonderful host.
We saw improv theater, the Myth Busters, and Nick's new condo!!!
Nick's new condo is awesome!
I went to Mass at a church near Nick.
The Mass was celebrated in Polish.
Quite interesting, and part of a wonderful experience.
I was very impressed with Nick's condo.
He has a wonderful view of Chicago from his condo.
Nick is busy with work and enjoying his condo.

Jenny is doing well.  Her counts have been stable for the last 6 months.
We are so thankful for that!
She's still working for The Hartford.
Jenny gets tired easily so that limits her activities to a degree.
However,
Jenny and I were able to do some fun things in the Cities together.
We visited the Aquarium at the Mall of America.
See the photo of Jenny with the sharks' mouths?
That was part of the visit to the Mall.
Jenny and I also enjoyed the pirate exhibit at the Science Museum.
Honestly, I think that I had more fun at the Pirate Exhibit than she did.
Other than that, Jenny keeps busy with her kitties, 
Walter and Marvin.

I'm still busy making beads.
I love that job!
I've made a lot of beads for 
Beads of Courage this year.
Beads of Courage is an organization that helps children cope with serious illnesses by using beads to mark each step of their treatments.
Check out the link.
I was featured in a couple of magazines this year.
I also attended the Bead and Button Show again this year.
I love to attend that show.  It's always so much fun!
Oh, I let my hair go gray!  People don't recognize me.
I'm okay with that, too!!  :)

Now for Pixie Marie.

Pixie gets her own collage!!
She sleeps a lot.
However, she is now a registered therapy dog.
She passed her test and had to have 3 observations after that.
Whew!
She did good!
I am hoping that we can get out on our own soon.
Since it's the holiday season, no one is in their offices, so we haven't ventured out on our own yet.
Our group, Puppy Love, takes off most of December and January, so we won't be with the group until February or March.
I'm hoping that she and I can get out locally to visit people who might like to pet and enjoy a dog.
She can't wear her heart unless she is doing her volunteer work, so,
she hasn't worn it yet, but I am hoping soon.

That's our year in a nutshell.
We had our ups and downs, but, this year was better than others.
No matter what, we are family.
That's the most important thing of all!

Merry Christmas!
May 2013 be a blessed year for you and yours!

 
 

4 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

What a great recap! Jenny looks beautiful. I can tell that she is getting stronger every day! And that Pixie is the cutest! I am happy that she will be bringing joy to others. You can't keep that specialness to yourself, now can you? Enjoy the day. Erin

Sharon Driscoll said...

What a beautiful newsletter Mallory. Jenny is looking good and it's great to hear her exploits of the year - It's been a much better years end. A view of Chicgo - crap, I'm so jealous. Have a great holiday - I'm already picking out classes....the anticipation is killing me.

Unknown said...

I love seeing your wonderful family!

Merry Christmas!

Stephanie said...

LOVE the pictures! Looks like you have so much fun together. Glad to hear that Jenny is doing well. Congrats to Pixie!! She is going to help so many people. Merry Christmas, Mallory!!